Employment & Training
CWAF actively promote our sector to young people in the Coventry and Warwickshire area. Individual members hold key roles on the board of organisations such as the Midland Group Training School (MGTS) for engineering apprentices and this year CWAF held its first annual conference at the Manufacturing Technology Centre with a focus on careers in local aerospace, inviting along school leavers and college students from the region. Alongside this, existing apprentices within the group have recently won national awards. That would all be impressive enough but it’s their innovative approach to providing much needed supply chain capacity which makes their efforts stand out. Although the members of the group are effectively direct competitors, a foundation of trust means they not only share capability through inter trading between themselves, but the group has bid collaboratively on larger work packages offering their collective capabilities to industry.
Tim Holmes, AEC and OSyS
There are a range of training opportunities available across a variety of levels.
Graduate & Postgraduate
Vacancy Links and Work Based Training
Coventry & Warwickshire Skills 4 Growth
Coventry & Warwickshire Skills 4 Growth will support eligible SME’s to improve skills amongst their workforce.
Small to Medium sized Businesses ( SME’s) in Advanced Manufacturing , Engineering and Service Sector Industries
Including Health & Social Care based in Coventry and Warwickshire and meeting De Minimis requirements .
- Skills training that will close skills gaps in your business and leads to accredited qualifications
- Full qualifications or units of qualifications at level 2 and below
- Units of qualifications at level 3 and above
- ESOL ( Basic Skills English for Speakers of other Languages)
How the Scheme works
- Skills 4 Growth will support your business to identify and address skills gaps to help you to grow and achieve your business plan
- A skills training package will be agreed that will deliver a training plan that suits both you and your employees needs
- 50% of agreed training costs will be funded by Coventry & Warwickshire Skills 4 Growth
- Feedback from you on the impact for your business
Contact Anne-Marie on 02477 719782 or firstname.lastname@example.org